Thinking of relocating to the area? You couldn’t make a better investment! This region has a world class university with teaching hospital, law school, MBA program and more. Our economy has been more stable than most during recent downturns. (Our new private hospital has been voted most beautiful in America.) Because of our stable real estate market, low unemployment and picturesque setting, this area wins awards and accolades year after year. We are also home to award-winning wineries and breweries, stunning scenic views and historically significant landmarks.
Folks that have lived here for a long time are aware of our City’s benefits and high quality of life. Here’s what others are saying about Charlottesville:
- Most Exciting Place in Virginia (#1) – Movoto Real Estate
- Top 5 New American Foodie Cities – Wine Enthusiast Magazine 2014
- America’s Favorite Mountain Towns (#9) – Travel + Leisure Magazine 2014
- Top 5 Destinations Every American Should Visit – Orbitz Worldwide 2014
- Best College Town in America (#1) – Traveler’s Today 2014
- America’s Healthiest Small Cities (#6) – Daily Finance 2014
- Top 100 Places to Live (#26) – Livability.com 2013
- America’s Smartest City – Luminosity.com 2013
- Top Ten Book-Loving Cities (#4) – Livability.com 2013
- Best Small Cities For Working Women (#4) – nerdwallet.com 2013
- Most Romantic Cities (#4) – Livability.com 2013
And the list goes on and on….
Charlottesville serves as the economic, cultural, and educational center of a multi-county region in Central Virginia. The region includes the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, and Nelson.
Here’s a handy guide for those that are new or moving to the area – of course, it doesn’t replace a knowledgeable and experienced Realtor® like me!